Paediatrics is the branch of medicine that deals with the care and development of infants and children and the treatment of their diseases. The health of a child includes physical, mental and social wellness. A paediatrician undergoes extensive specialised training in the treatment of children.
A few of the common problems treated at the Polikliniek Prins Willem are:
- Allergies, including food allergies
- Skin problems such as eczema and infections
- Ear, nose and throat infections and problems
- Growth problems
- Problems in the first few months and years of life
- Feeding issues
- Sleep problems
- Dutch-Immunisation-Programme and additional vaccinations for expat children
If necessary, referrals can be made for blood tests, radiological investigations, and to paediatric sub-specialists. The various possibilities of treatment using complementary and alternative medicine can be discussed and referrals made.