The Well Child Centre caters for the unique needs of expat parents and their children. We offer periodic growth & development checks with the opportunity for further evaluation if abnormalities are detected. During these checks, we also discuss (additional) vaccinations and make individual vaccination planning adjusted to the needs of the child. We accommodate your concerns regarding safety, development, sleep, toilet training and behaviour, to name a few.
It is run by paediatricians and nursing staff from the IHCH paediatric department. Our medical staff are multi-lingual with international background. We understand the expectations and issues of expats living in the Netherlands.
Parents can use the centre as an alternative or in conjunction to the Dutch Centrum Jeugd en Gezin (CJG) – the public institution offered by the Dutch health care system that provides basic health care and prevention for children and adolescents.
What to expect during these visits:
- Head to toe examination
- Review of growth
- Developmental screening & surveillance
- Vision & hearing tests at specific ages
- Immunization review and update
- Extra vaccinations not included in the Dutch Vaccination Schedule
- Feeding advice & nutritional status
- Urine, blood & radiologic test if indicated
- Referral to paramedical services on indication
We accommodate your concerns regarding:
- Sexual maturity
- Dental care
- Diet & physical activity
- Toilet training
- Social Wellness
- Toys & screen time
- Vitamin supplements
- 1st aid treatment of medical issues at home
- Standard Dutch vaccination would be free at the CJG. Well Child Centre will be charging you for these vaccines. We advise you to inquire with your international insurance if these can be reimbursed.
- The paediatrician charge will be billed according to the Dutch Health Authority billing system. These costs are mostly covered for up to 75 to 100% by your health insurance company. Please check with your insurance to avoid unexpected costs.
- Dutch insured patients will need a referral from the general practitioner to see the paediatrician
- Patients with an international insurance can access the paediatrician directly and do not need a referral
You are welcome to call us anytime from 09:00am to 12:30pm and 13:30pm to 16:00pm, Monday through Friday at 070- 306 51 42 for more information and for booking an appointment.