Our Well Child Centre at the IHCH is specifically designed for newborns and children until 5 years of age. This periodic growth & development check allows an all – inclusive assessment of your child with the opportunity for further evaluation if abnormalities are detected. It also provides the chance for the doctor to answer questions and give advice regarding your child’s health.
The Well Child Centre caters for the unique needs of expat parents and their children. It offers regular growth and development checks, vaccinations adapted to your home country schedule, and immediate assessment by a paediatrician should any concerns be identified. It also provides parents the opportunity to address any concerns or questions about their child’s health. We accommodate your concerns regarding safety, development, sleep, toilet training and behaviour, to name a few.
The Well Child Centre is run by a well-child doctor trained in screening children for illnesses, paediatricians at the IHCH and nursing staff from the IHCH paediatric department. Our medical staff is English-speaking with international background. We understand the expectations and issues of expats living in the Netherlands.
Parents can use the centre as an alternative or in conjunction to the Dutch Consultatie Bureau – the public institution offered by the Dutch health care system that provides basic health care and prevention for all children from 0 to 4 years of age.
What to expect during these visits:
- Head to toe examination
- Review of growth
- Developmental screening & surveillance
- Vision & hearing tests at specific ages
- Immunization review and update
- Extra vaccinations not included in the Dutch Vaccination Schedule
- Feeding advice & nutritional status
- Referral to paramedical services on indication
We accommodate your concerns regarding:
- Dental care
- Diet & activity
- Toilet training
- Toys & screen time
- Vitamin supplements
- 1st aid treatment of medical issues at home
What makes this program unique?
- Children from birth up 5 years of age are welcome
- English-speaking medical staff with international background
- We understand the expectations and issues of expats living in the Netherlands
- Vaccinations tailored to your home country schedule
- Easy & timely access to pediatricians, other specialists & allied health professionals such as physiotherapist, psychologist, dieticians, lactation experts, speech therapists, etc.
- Combination of conventional and alternative or integrative medicine
- Years of experience with international patients
- Standard Dutch vaccination would be free at the CJG. Well Child Centre will be charging you for these vaccines. We advise you to inquire with your international insurance if these can reimbursed.
- The paediatrician charge will be billed according to the Dutch Health Authority billing system. These costs are mostly covered for up to 75 to 100% by your health insurance company. Please check with your insurance to avoid unexpected costs. We advise you to inquire with your international insurance if these can reimbursed
- Dutch insured patients will need a referral from the general practitioner or the IHCH well-child doctor to see the paediatrician
- Patient’s with an international insurance can access the paediatrician directly and do not need a referral
You are welcome to call us anytime from 09: 00am to 16:30pm, Monday through Friday at 070- 306 51 42 for more information and for booking an appointment.