Dermatology is the branch of medicine concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of conditions affecting the skin, nails, scalp and hair. It is a specialty with both medical and surgical aspects.
A dermatologist is a medical expert who treats diseases and some cosmetic problems associated with dermatological issues.
Our dermatology services include:
- Consultations for both adults and children
- Checking and removal of moles
- Checking of acne, eczema and other skin, nails, scalp and hair conditions
- Treatment and follow-up of warts, acne, eczema and other skin problems
- Skin pathology and biopsy if indicated
- Functional Eczema clinic
- Diagnosis of skin allergies
- Diagnosis of skin cancer
- Second opinion
- Referral for surgical procedures if indicated
- STDs, genital dermatology and vulva clinic (with the gynecologists)
We currently have two consulting dermatologists:
Dr Mayke Houtappel and Dr Adele Zingoni
Appointments: Please call us on 070 306 5100 and select the polyclinic option.
You may also contact us via email at email@example.com for more information.