The International Health Centre the Hague is seeking an experienced medical receptionist to contribute warmth, friendliness and professionalism and to strengthen our vibrant, international team in the Policlinic department. The ideal candidate will work 4 days (32 hours) at the Centre.
The applicant must have experience working in a medical practice and/or hold a medical receptionist / secretary diploma.
- Actively answering phone and email enquiries in a courteous and professional manner, setting up appointments, gathering clinical information related to patients
- Being the face of the Policlinic reception: greeting patients upon arrival, checking in, answering questions, managing appointments and inquiries to ensure a stress-free journey for patients
- Communicate effectively with Policlinic colleagues and other departments
- Management of incoming and outgoing mail and email
- Medical typing – Type patient correspondence and medical letters with attention to detail and accuracy.
- medical record keeping, entering data and maintaining patient database
- Undertake general office administration and reception duties
- Booking patients for appointments
- Native/fluent English speaker and knowledge of the Dutch language is an asset
- At least 2 years experience working in a medical practice (preferred)
- Hold a medical receptionist / secretary diploma (preferred)
- Ability to stay calm and composed whilst multitasking and prioritising workload
- Ability to learn new tasks and systems (Medical software, databases)
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service at all times
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to answer telephone and email enquiries, staying friendly and confident
- Experience scheduling patient appointments
- Medical typing skills
- Ability to work as part of an international team and work independently
- The ability to be available for relief when other staff are on leave
What we offer
Our people are at the heart of what we do and are our greatest asset. We offer a 12-month fixed term position with the prospect of extending the employment contract to an indefinite period.
We offer a fantastic benefits package:
- The 8% statutory holiday allowance in May (in line with the cao)
- Salary of a 13th month, paid at the end of the year (in line with the cao)
- 25 days holiday per annum for a FTE, plus public holidays
- A competitive salary
- A pension contribution in line with the cao
- Complimentary coffee and fresh fruit in our spacious, bright staff canteen
- Bike loan scheme
- Budget for training, learning and development, to help you reach your full potential
The International Health Centre the Hague (IHCH) is a dynamic Medical Facility that offers primary, paramedical, pharmaceutical, dental and medical specialist care, all under one roof. The services we offer are tailored to the specific needs and wishes of a diverse patient base of expatriates, internationals and Dutch citizens in The Hague and its surroundings.
Our large team consists of committed, expert caregivers. With approximately 110 staff and 25 nationalities, the IHCH has a unique international character with English as well as other languages widely spoken across the GP, Policlinic, Prevention, Patient Relations, Pharmacy and Dentistry departments.
We encourage applicants already residing in The Netherlands and with the correct diploma’s and experience to apply for this role.
Please send your CV and a short cover letter covering why you want to work with The International Health Centre the Hague, and how you fit the competencies outlined above, to Rossana Giugliano, Head of Policlinic, at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need additional support at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the HR department at email@example.com
We’ll be holding interviews on a rolling basis, therefore we welcome and encourage early applications.
Please note we will not be engaging recruitment agencies for this role.