Great oral health starts with prevention
A healthy mouth and a healthy body go hand in hand. At the IHCH dental clinic we recognize that preventing dental issues is the best way to achieve great oral health in the first place! That is why we now offer dental prevention appointments with a dental prevention specialist.
But what is preventive dentistry?
In short, it is the practice of caring for your gums and teeth to keep them healthy. It emphasizes the importance of daily practices and ongoing hygiene procedures to prevent dental problems. By practicing good oral hygiene at home and seeing your hygienist/preventive assistant regularly, you can help keep your gums healthy for a lifetime.
Maintaining oral health is important, and a focus on preventive dental care and the advice of your dentist, can help you stay happy and healthy.
A preventive dental visit can include the following:
- A professional who will talk to you about medically approved products for dental care. Moreover, they always give additional information such as the right technique to clean your teeth and mouth, and a proper diet to follow.
- Performing a dental plaque color test.
- Measuring the condition of the gums.
- Removal of plaque and tartar above the gums in deeper pockets.
- Polishing the teeth.
- Applying dental protective agents, such as fluoride, sealants for children.
- Giving oral hygiene instructions and education about proper dental care, such as the use of toothpicks, brushes and mouthwashes.
To book a dental appointment, please call (070) 306 5100 and select the Dental Care Department. For information please email us at email@example.com.